Lesterose works closely with project Architects and Engineers to provide a valuable advisory design role at the crucial pre and post tender stages. This service has evolved over the years and is in direct response to client demand. Its scope has been tailored to specific areas of major contract brickwork and given Lesterose’s 40 year tenure within the industry, few are in a position to match the high degree of specialist knowledge and expertise available.
Project Material Selection
- The service focuses on ‘detail’ design issues and has proved extremely beneficial, for example, in the selection of a wide range of project materials encompassing everything from brickwork support systems, wind posts and pre-cast concrete units to re-constituted stonework, damp-proof coursings and facing brick selection.
- This is achieved through long-term relationships with Lesterose’s own supply chain, the majority of whom manufacture these materials and products and also recognise their own design responsibilities within the overall project process.
- As the crucial link in this part of the construction process, Lesterose offers design advice and provides detailed design specification for clients using AUTOCAD.
Building Information Modelling (BIM)
- Lesterose has incorporated BIM strategy within its design process in order to create and manage information from conception to completion. This way of working allows effective information modelling and information management in a team environment creating value from the combined efforts of people, process and technology.
- Lesterose are able to provide windpost design services which will meet BS requirements. We will liaise with the relevant architects and engineers to produce the required details for approval which will take into account the relevant top and base connections together with any specific loading requirements. Advice can also be given on the correct type of fixing.
When it comes to project management, Lesterose’s belief is that experience, skill and dedication are among the most critical factors in the successful delivery of the completed contract. Similarly, it is Lesterose’s view that you never stop learning and you must take the experience of your last project into the next. In this way you extend your knowledge and are able to apply that experience to deliver even better results.
- With many of Lesterose’s senior project managers having been with the company for up to 20 years and longer, the organisation benefits from a degree of loyalty unparalleled in the industry.
- While this experience is clearly an important factor, technical expertise in retail, commercial, leisure and many other specific sectors also underpins the organisation’s success.
- Clients not only benefit from a wealth of experience and technical ability in directing similar developments, project managers go in with a full understanding of the contract requirements from the outset along with a sound practical approach built on many years of achieving results.
- This means an immediate understanding of the entire project challenges to successfully translate what is on the drawings into reality. It also means identifying practical solutions to deal with logistics, labour resource, supply, distribution, lifting, fixing and a multitude of other issues on a daily basis.
- As part of the project management process, method statements are prepared detailing the safest and most efficient working practices in the delivery of the contract.
- Established teams operate closely together on some of the most prestigious projects all over the country and in this way a crucial team spirit is developed and a real sense of pride in delivering satisfaction for the client.